Well, bye summer. You were awesome! This month I dined on amazing seafood, learned about fashion from A-Z & found a dream product for giving instant volume.
By: Christian Dior
I love any book that is written by a designer. Seeing how they think about fashion and design helps me understand their aesthetic and vision. I've had this book sitting around for some time and I realized I hadn't read it page for page yet. It's a quick read, which was perfect since I didn't realize till mid-August that I hadn't started a book yet (still trying to get use to the new j-o-b). While there are certainly some dated items in it (like a dressing coat), the core ideas are still useful for today's lady.
A few of my favorite take-aways:
- 'Simplicity, grooming, and good taste - the three fundamentals of fashion - cannot be bought.'
- 'No elegant women follows fashion slavishly. If a particular new line does not suit you, then ignore it.'
- On shoes: 'Too many women think that because they are low down, they do not matter, but it is by her feet that you can judge whether a women is elegant or not.'
- On good posture: 'It is ridiculous to wear beautiful clothes and then slouch along or sit in a slovenly matter so that they quickly become creased like rags.'
- 'Anything you do, work or pleasure, you have to do it with zest.'
Woodhouse Fish Co.
One of my favorite things about my buddy Kevin (pictured above) is his love for adventures, especially foodie adventures! Kevin is always excited to try something new and typically comes along to the restaurants that I pick for '3 For Me.' This month, he wanted to find a unique spot for us to go to. Hello Woodhouse Fish Co! I don't know how the beau and I have never tried this spot, considering it is in one of my favorite neighborhoods, the Fillmore. The 3 of us split a few of their plates so we could have a sample of everything.
We enjoyed their calamari, fish and chips & the lobster sandwich. Everything was so fresh, delicious, and well-seasoned. The lobster roll was my favorite! The amount of lobster they shoved in there was insane and I loved the perfectly-toasted bread. Next time I definitely want to try their chowder & stuffed artichoke.
Usually I live by my dry shampoo Pssst. After my recent hair cut I was chatting with my stylist and he recommended Kerastase's VIP to add in some extra volume. I can't argue with their claim of VIP: it really does add great all-day volume to my hair. A bonus is that it smells soo good too! I love to use this when I braid my hair or curl it for some extra lift.
August image, remainder are my own.